Wednesday 30 September 2009

Scooter and Cowboy Hat, circa 1962



I think it was on my third birthday that I got the Cowboy hat.

One of the few photos that exist of me. As I grew older, I became more and more self-conscious about my body. Not that anyone realised that, least of all me. I just didn't like having my picture taken, for some reason.

Google Maps shows that where the shed used to be is now the boundary of another house - it was a large block, and the new owners sold some - and the fields in the background, with the large tree in the middle, that's now the suburb of New Earley, with medium-density townhouses crammed cheek-by-jowl, and housing a quarter of a million people.

The past is another country. We are all immigrants from there, and can never go back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wanted: Home Computers to Join in Research on Artificial Life
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/29/science/29grid.html?hpw