Saturday 25 December 2004

Christmas with a Dalek

I see the old link I had has gone to the Great Bit Bucket in the Sky.

But I've found a new one.
Is everything associated with Christmas in Britain bizarre and disturbing? To answer that question we offer up the following song, I'm Gonna Spend My Christmas with a Dalek by the Go Go's. Not the Belinda Carlisle Go-Go's, but some 1960s British band.

This is one piece of work. As if the lisping woman-child vocals weren't disturbing enough, they are counterpointed by a fake Dalek voice and a Peter Gunn bridge. And the bizarre sexual innuendo is just wrong, wrong, wrong.

So here's I'm Gonna Spend My Christmas With a Dalek.

And for your bogus bonus listening pleasure, from A Small Victory, The Night Santa Went Crazy, by Weird Al Yankovic.

Then there's A Cthulhu Christmas.
Twas the night before Yuletide and all through the hole
Not a creature was stirring, not even a Dhole
Aldebaran hung at the right place at nine
In the hopes that Great Cthulhu would come out this time
The Fungi from Yuggoth, all snug in their caves
Were plotting to turn all the people to slaves...
But Wait, there's More! A veritable Feast of Cthulhu Christmas Carol Lyrics! Mouldy Oldies such as:

God Rest Ye Scary Great Old Ones
Hark, the Nameless Cultists Sing
Great Old Ones are Coming to Town
...and a non-euclidean number of others.

Then there's A Very Scary Solstice (from the minds of the same entities who were responsible for A Shoggoth On The Roof). Some mp3 Samples:

I'm Dreaming of a Dead City
Freddy the Red-Brained Mi-Go
Do You Fear What I Fear?

And a few full songs, such as Great Old Ones are Coming to Town

Not much of a gift to all my readers, but I hope the thought will suffice. Merry Christmas.

No comments: